Our practice charter leaflet sets out the standards and quality of service which we try to achieve for our patients. It also gives a guide to how you can help us. Copies of the charter are available in the waiting room or at reception, but the salient points are as follows:
HOW WE CAN HELP YOU:
- You will be received by staff wearing ID badges, who will be courteous and efficient. They will be trained for the position they hold with the practice.
- Urgent problems will be seen on the same day by whichever doctor is available.
- You will be seen as near to your appointment time as is possible. Any delay in appointment times will be due to medical necessity – where there is an unforeseen delay in excess of 20 minutes, patients will be informed and have the right to make an alternative appointment.
- All new patients will have a new patient health check, to identify any potential medical problems and to offer timely interventions.
- We will involve you in discussions on your care and treatment.
- We will assist you in obtaining help from other health professions when this is required.
The practice will offer advice and seek to inform patients of :
- steps they can take to promote good health and to avoid illness, e.g. smoking, exercise, diet, immunisations.
- Advice on self-help which can be undertaken without reference to a healthcare professional in the case of minor ailments.
- Patients will be offered a choice of services when referral is deemed necessary.
- The healthcare professionals are here to give you treatment and advice; it is important that you understand the information that is given to you. If you are unsure about your treatment please ask for more information.
- We will keep the contents of your health records confidential and maintain your privacy.
- Repeat prescriptions will be ready within 48 hours or two working days.
- We will inform patients of services available along with practice information by means of the practice booklet, notice boards, leaflets, this website and the electronic patient information screens.
- Treat you with courtesy and respect regardless of your age, sex, religion, ethnicity, appearance or health needs.
- Maintain standards by ensuring that all doctors and staff undertake continuing education and training.
- Any suggestions to improve services will be considered by the appropriate team members and a response given.
- Complaints will be dealt with promptly and in accordance with NHS procedures.
HOW YOU CAN HELP US:
- Patients have a responsibility to treat our practice staff with due courtesy and respect.
- Inform us of any changes in your name, address or telephone number.
- Let us know in good time if you are unable to keep your appointment so that the appointment can be offered to someone else.
- Please arrive on time for your appointment.
- Check in on your arrival.
- Make a separate appointment for each person to be seen.
- Only request a home visit if you are too ill to come to surgery. It is better to come to the surgery where all the facilities are available and treatment can be started immediately if required. Home visit requests should be made before 11.00am.
- Only use the out-of-hours service for problems that cannot wait until the surgery next opens.
- Request repeat prescriptions in good time - don't wait until you run out.
- Attend surgery for review of repeat prescriptions or chronic conditions when requested to do so by clinical staff.
- Ask if you don't understand advice given to you.
- Tell us if you are unsure about treatments you are offered.
We all have a responsibility for the protection of the vulnerable and a duty to report any concerns we may have.
If you are ever worried or concerned about the safety or wellbeing of a vulnerable adult, older person or child please contact Social Care Direct on 0845 8503 503. The service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You do not have to give your name since you can make an anonymous call.
The practice has robust policies in place for both safeguarding children and safeguarding vulnerable adults. Training is mandatory in these areas for all staff.